Yup, that’s me in a tree, hanging out on a beautiful day in Portland sporting my Amon Amarth hoodie. Don’t know who Amon Amarth is, click the image to find out. If you’re interested in contacting me, please give the list below a quick read over, and at the bottom of this page I’ve got a few requests to save us both time when contacting me!
A Little About Me:
I’m a jovial, proactive, test & code, code & test, get things done well, software architect, engineer, code monkey, coder, and distributed systems advocate. I go by the title of “Coder, Messenger, Recon” as it seems to encompass what I do.
- Founder: I’ve founded Deconstructed.io with Aaron Gray, Node PDX with Troy Howard, and .NET Fringe with a whole host of excellent people and more are in the works.
- Messenger: Every chance I get I work to share knowledge I’ve gained over the years. From workshops to one on one mentoring, pair programming or directed training.
- Recon: I love seeing technologies built and technologies come together.
But besides all that techno stuff, I dig some good coffee, great beer, wine, food and a good music show. I cycle, almost everywhere these days, don’t own a car (but I’m a car snob of the serious racing sort auto-x, tuners, drift, rally, etc), I verge on the “transit nerd” and “rail nut” category along with “plane spotter” and “exotic car driver”. I also play guitar - primarily shredding (metal), love to prog with some Jazz, croon along with some blues.
…and I’m sure that misses a few things, but I think it gives a good overview of me.
This is a list of links to public repos, open source, or other “code related” efforts I am working on or have worked on.
Want to talk, chit chat, argue, discuss, debate, or otherwise communicate? These are the mediums.
- My LinkedIn (Which has all my resume information and a lot more). Click here for a PDF of my LinkedIn.
- Do you have a job I might find interesting, just let me know here and we’ll talk. If I’m not game, I regularly know others that may be looking.
Currently I’m pretty busy delivering some sweet immutable infrastructure, actively involved in the community here in Portland, Oregon, writing a ton of polyglot code, and generally staying active. So to save time for you and I when contacting me for a chat about software, technology, jobs, or a related topic, please tweet at me (@adron) with a direct message (you may have to @ me first) the following information:
- What is your favorite beer, coffee, or beverage to enjoy in Portland?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
- …and specifically why you’re contacting me related to tech/software/etc.
You could phrase it as “I love a Coava Cap in the AM hours and enjoy relaxing along the Portland waterfront after a good ride over the Tillikum Bridge. I’d love to chat with you about… X, got a few?“ and I’ll respond ASAP.